- FRESH TASTING CLEAN WATER – The AquaticLife RO Buddie is a 3-stage reverse osmosis system designed for residential use. Produce up to 100 gallons of filtered water that tastes fresh and is clean from contaminants.
- REDUCES TDS FROM WATER – This reverse osmosis water filtration system includes a Sediment, Carbon, and RO Membrane. It effectively removes up to 98 percent of the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) in water.
- MEMBRANE FILTRATION – The RO membrane filter reduces impurities Total Dissolved Solids (TDS) from the water down to 1 out of 10,000 of a micron.
- EFFECTIVE SEDIMENT REMOVAL – The 5-micron sediment filter captures and reduces unwanted particulate material such as sand, silt, and rust from water which affect the taste and appearance of your water.
- CARBON FILTER REDUCES CHLORINE – The second stage of your reverse osmosis water filter is a Carbon Block Filter. The 5-micron activated carbon filter reduces chlorine and conditions the water prior to the RO membrane filter.
You Pick the Connection Type
Simply remove the aerator from your kitchen or bathroom sink and use one of the included adapters to convert to a standard garden hose thread. Then use the included hose to 1/4" tubing adapter. Or connect directly to your washing machine spickot.
RO Units Produce Filtered & Waste
All RO units produce both filtered water and concentrate water. The water that does not pass through the membrane is the waste water. Waste water has a higher concentration of total dissolved solids and is safe to use for watering plants.
Ideal for Aquariums and More
The RO Buddie+DI will produce about 2 gallons of filtered water per hour if your water pressure is 65 PSI and the water temperature is 77°F. Use a bucket or barrel to collect your water for use later in an aquarium, a humidifier, specialty plants and more.
1/4" Tubing & Easy Connectors
Use the included 1/4" tubing to easily plumb your RO Buddie. The tubing simply pushes into the press-fit connectors 5/8" and locks into place for a leak-free setup.
The sediment and DI resin cartridges feature translucent housings to view inside the cartridges. You can see when the sediment cartridge is discolored from filtering out the particulate and when the DI resin changes to tan color and should be replaced.
Simple On, Simple Off
When you are ready to make RO/DI water, simply turn on the faucet. When finished, turn off the faucet. Fill your bucket in the tub incase you forget and it overflows. Setting a timer makes remembering easier.
Live in the NYC Area?
Based on information presented in the most recent Water Quality Report, we suggest using an additional prefilter for RO and RO/DI systems that use the NYC area water supply.
Are you on well water?
People on well water often have CO2 in the water that can quickly deplete the DI resin cartridge. If you are on well water, check for CO2 prior to purchasing the RO Buddie.
Chloramines in your water?
The RO Buddie carbon cartridge removes chlorine from tap water. However, it does not remove chloramines. Check with your water company or test your water for chloramines prior to purchasing.
|Primary Use||Saltwater Aquarium||Freshwater Aquarium||Freshwater Aquarium|
|Max Filtered Water Production||50 GPD or 2 gallons per hour||50 GPD or 2 gallons per hour||100 GPD or 4 gallons per hour|
|Ideal Supply Water||65 PSI & 77°F||65 PSI & 77°F||65 PSI & 77°F|
|Operating Position||Use Vertically Only||Vertical or Horizontal||Vertical or Horizontal|
|Replace Sediment & Carbon||Every 1,500 gallons supply water||Every 1,500 gallons supply water||Every 1,500 gallons supply water|
|Replace Sediment & Carbon||Every 300 to 400 gallons filtered water||Every 300 to 400 gallons filtered water||Every 300 to 400 gallons filtered water|
|Total TDS Removal w/Resin||Yes||No||No|